Concealed Carry on Campus
The law at a glance
Concealed handguns are only allowed on campus for people (who generally must be 21 or over, with limited exceptions) who hold a valid concealed carry permit and an enhanced concealed carry permit as established by the Arkansas State Police. The Arkansas State Police revised the Arkansas Concealed Handgun Carry License Rules in January 2018 to include enhanced concealed carry licensing and training requirements, restrictions and rules.
Open carry of weapons is prohibited.
Concealed weapons are prohibited from:
- Being stored in any university facilities including classrooms, locker rooms, offices, residence halls or university-owned fraternity and sorority houses
- U of A sporting and athletic contests, events and practices with approved security plans
- Jean Tyson Child Development Center
- Grievance and disciplinary hearings meeting certain requirements
Concealed weapons can only be:
- Carried on campus by people holding a concealed carry permit and enhanced permit.
- Stored in locked and unattended motor vehicles on university or public property.