E-Scooter Safety Quick Facts
- Scooters can be ridden anywhere bicycles are allowed, including streets and paved trails.
- Riding is permitted on most sidewalks, riders must yield to pedestrians and use extra caution at crosswalks and driveways. No riding on sidewalks that abut a building face.
- Scooter use is prohibited INSIDE of any building.
- Helmets prevent head injuries and are strongly recommended.
- Using a cellphone, headphones, earbuds or any similar device that impairs hearing is prohibited while riding a scooter.
Watch Your Speed
- E-Scooters are programed with maximum speed of 15 MPH and will automatically slow to 6 MPH in designated "slow zones".
- Map of campus slow zones.
Obey Traffic Laws
- Scooter users must obey the same traffic laws as drivers.
- Always yield to pedestrians.
- Yield to vehicle traffic at crosswalks and intersections.
- Use the bell before passing pedestrians.
- Use the right lane when in the street and NEVER ride against traffic.
- Park scooters neatly at a Scooter Corrals.
- Always stand scooters upright when parking.
- DO NOT park scooters:
- Blocking sidewalks
- In handicapped zones
- In flow of traffic/on street
- In loading zone
- On railroad tracks
- In bus zones
- On private property
- In an entryway
- In a driveway